Why Consider Outdoorsy For Renting An RV
A detailed review of Outdoorsy RV renting services.
In the hustle-bustle of life, it is essential to give some time to yourself and your loved ones. Going on a road trip and unwinding yourself from the tumultuous world is one way to do this.
However, for road trips, cars can be a bit of a struggle if your journey includes adventurous tracks, trails and a huge group of people.
Thus, to make your experience more memorable and comfortable, renting an RV is the best decision.
Outdoorsy – Your Next Stop For RV Rentals
Outdoorsy RV rental services is one of the best RV rentals in the entire country. It was established by a couple, Jeff and Jen, in 2014, as an impromptu decision to do something unique together.
They started this RV rental company to provide travel enthusiasts and RVers, like them, the means to travel across the States, with the facility of transport as well as lodging.
The company began with two people and a handful of renters, but today Outdoorsy has expanded with about a hundred employees and thousands of RV owners.
This article will talk about how to rent an RV from Outdoorsy, the various locations where the Outdoorsy services are available, why this service is one of the best ones, and the pros and cons of renting from them.
There will also be an additional review section in the end.
So, keep reading ahead to find out about the RVing experience with Outdoorsy!
Locations From Where You Can Rent RVs Through Outdoorsy
Outdoorsy offers RV rental services at various locations. Given below is a list of all the popular areas where it is available.
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia
- New York
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
How To Rent RVs From Outdoorsy
Outdoorsy has a user-friendly website that helps you rent an RV without any difficulties or complications. Given below are a few steps to make it easier for you.
- Visit the website and click on ‘sign up’
- First, visit the Outdoorsy website.
- You will see the homepage and a search option to find the RV you want to rent.
- However, sign up on the website first and then proceed.
- The ‘Sign Up’ option will ask you to fill in details like your name, email-id, phone number, and password.
- Fill in the details and browse
- In the search section, insert all the details that are asked.
- Choose your location and the dates – Departure date and Return Date.
- Click on ‘search’ to view further.
- You will observe a list of RVs as shown below.
- There are various filters given in the filter bar. Choose according to your requirements.
- Once you have found your RV match, click on it and proceed to rent it.
How To Book An RV
- After clicking on the RV you want to rent, you will be redirected to a page with all the details.
- On scrolling down, you will see various options like RV details, Amenities, Policies, Rates, Location, Availability, and Reviews.
- You can then add the departure dates and proceed further.
- Once you have filled the details, you will see a small box including the total cost of renting the selected
● Click on ‘reserve’ to rent the RV on the selected dates.
- Fill in the required details before going for payment.
- Fill in the name, e-mail, and phone number field to continue.
- Provide details like the destination and other information.
- After this, the next option is to select an Insurance plan. There are 3 Insurance plans to protect the RV from future damage.
- Choose any one, as it is mandatory.
- The last step is the final payment.
- Give your credit card details, and then proceed.
- Congrats! You have rented your first RV from Outdoorsy!
Communicating with the RV owner
For any rental services, communication and customer interaction are a must. Outdoorsy has excellent communication facilities available on both, its website as well as the app.
- After selecting your RV from the various options, it will redirect you to the above page.
- Here, there will be an option stating ‘Ask a question’ which will let you interact with the RV owner and get all the extra information you need.
This way you can contact and communicate with the RV renter in an easy and trustworthy way.
Collecting The RV and Getting Documents Ready
There are certain terms and conditions to follow before collecting the RV you rented.
These conditions are:
- You must hold a valid and permanent driver’s license, and show the same to the owner.
- You must be at least 25 years old.
- Your Outdoorsy account needs to first be properly verified.
- You should have driving experience of at least 3 years.
- In case you’re a foreign license holder, you need to show your passport, be at least 25 years old, hold an international driver’s permit, or have a photograph of your current license.
- You must have a mobile number registered with your name for more security purposes.
You can collect the RV from the owner once you have all the required documents.
Collecting the rented RV is a convenient task. The owner can either deliver it at your place or the campsite. If you want, you can select a pickup location, too.
Returning the Rented RV
Returning is the worst part of the journey because it marks the end of an amazing adventure. To make it easy for you, given below are a few steps to return the RV properly to the owner.
- Make sure of the timings and location of returning the RV to avoid any confusion.
- Sign on a few documents as asked by the owner, assuring him/her about the RV being in a proper state.
- In case of any cleaning charges or damage, the owner might ask you to pay an extra amount.
Getting a Security Deposit Back
Before we talk about getting the security deposit back, what exactly is it?
Security deposit is a certain amount that you will have to pay to the owner before renting the RV for security purposes.
- It covers all the extra charges like cleaning charges that are not covered in insurance.
- The security deposit is decided by the owner.
- It may or may not be refundable depending on the state of the RV.
- If it requires reparation and cleaning, the required amount will be deducted from the security deposit.
- However, if the RV is in perfect condition while returning it, you will get a full refund of the security deposit after seven days.
There are many RV rental services out there. Why consider Outdoorsy? How is it better than other rental services? What are the reasons?
To answer all your questions, given below are a few points to consider.
1. Variety of RV vehicles
Outdoorsy offers a wide range of RV vehicles such as:
- Travel trailers
- Popup trailers
- Fifth wheels
There are also many categories you can choose from like pet-friendly, adventure-ready, etc.
Outdoorsy provides insurance to its customers with the help of Liberty Mutual Insurance, a renowned insurance company..
The customers do not have to worry about paying extra charges in case of unexpected accidents.
Outdoorsy also assists people in facing any issues.
- There are more than a hundred advisors available to assist you 24/7.
- They provide pickup and delivery assistance from the airport to the destination.
- If you do not wish to drive, Outdoorsy can also deliver a rig for more convenience.
- It also started the Roadside Assistance Program to help renters stuck on the roadside, due to technical or emergency reasons.
4. Acceptable Payment Modes
Outdoorsy gives great importance to the identification of its customers as well as to prevent any kind of scam or fraud. So, all the payments made or received are sure to be legitimate.
Outdoorsy also allows you to pay with your credit/debit/any other card. You can change the payment settings by clicking on the ‘Account’ option and changing the card number.
5. Easy Cancellation
Outdoorsy has flexible cancellation policies. It provides its customers with three different types of policies – Flexible, Moderate, and Strict.
- If you have canceled the reservation before the pickup date, you will get a refund as per their policies.
- However, if the cancellation is after the pickup date, the owner may contact Outdoorsy and then come to a decision.
6. Flexible customer service
If you are not efficient with browsing through websites, the Outdoorsy app is definitely for you. This app is quick and convenient. It lets you adjust your listings and filter the results more efficiently. On the other hand, it also allows you to interact with the RV owner quickly, through instant texting. It is also easier to pay using the app rather than the website. It also has average ratings of 4.8 stars in the App store. Hence, it is a great idea to rent your RV from the Outdoorsy app.
Pros and Cons
There are various pros of using this website such as:
- User-friendly website and app
- Various options to choose from
- Insurance covered
- Excellent customer relations
- Other flexibility options like pickup and delivery assistance.
- Easy and direct communication with the RV owner
- Legitimate rental dealings and identification
Outdoorsy is one of the most brilliant RV rental sites and thus, does not have many cons. However, there are a few of them such as:
- Can be a bit expensive
- Less availability of your favorite RV
- Spams from RV owners
- No guarantee of quality
Outdoorsy Customer Reviews
“We rented for the first time and Outdoorsy was very helpful with the details to make it as smooth as possible” – Trustpilot
“There are a lot of vehicles available but the owners needed to be vetted. I messaged a lot of people that never got back to me. Also, review incentives would be nice. A lot of people don’t have reviews and makes it sketchy.” – Trustpilot
There is a high probability that your RV-rental experience is going to be one of a kind with the many features offered by Outdoorsy.
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead on that adventurous trip you always wanted to take and become outdoorsy with Outdoorsy!
the owner and renter is the same here.
Wait I’m a tad bit confused. Isn’t renter the one who rents something and owner the one providing the rental service? But still, customers look better so no issue!
Its’ actually a renter and a rentee. however, renter is used nowadays for the tenant, too. In this case, you used renter above to describe the owner or the person renting out. Which is why I used customer here, so that there’s no confusion.